The script has the purpose to backup a Citrix Xenserver Guests Virtual Machines and it can be configured for doing it in different ways.
Besides the Filippo's original version, I included some features:
- Split configuration files: one for strings, one for operational parameters.
- Added the Job feature: it is possible to create a job file in the job dir where general options can be overridden.
- Selective VM backup: it is possible to declare a list of VMs that will be backed up.
- Quiesce Snapshot on Windows VM: only with Xen VSS Provider installed on guest.
- Preserve VM power state: in case of normal backup (Shutdown->Backup->Start) the original vm state will be preserved. So, if a VM is initially powered off it will not powered on after backup.
- Improved email notifications: now is possible to receive a mail with a summary of operations executed or a verbose log of backup process.
You can download the script direct from here or from my GitHub.
Dont't forget to change the mail address where you receive notification!